• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

FAST Label Printing Software like in DA office video

Greetings!

A while ago, I have seen a David Allen office tour video, where he used some quick access software to print label on his Brother Labeler.

Does anyone know what program did he use?
Currently I can not remember where I saw that video either...

Thank You Guys, kind regards,
 
DA uses a Brother P-Touch labeler. It comes with P-Touch software which can be run in 'Snap mode' - this reduces the user interface to a tiny little 'always on top' ribbon where you can type your label and hit the print button to crank out a new label (don´t know whether this is what he did in the video or not, but I suspect it is).
 
FWIW, I use Avery 5202 file folder labels and my laser-jet printer. I have a template doc for printing, and a really easy to find shortcut on my windows desktop for it. When I need a label, I open the shortcut, type in the label or labels, feed the Avery 5202 in my printer's manual feed tray, and print. It takes only a few seconds, and the labels are pretty inexpensive (about US 0.02 each). Also, since I can see on my screen what the label will look like when it prints, I can squeeze words, abbreviate, change fonts, etc.

I've been doing it this way for > 5 years, so it has stood the test of time for me.

Ken
 
Top