• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

feedback on runwayapp.com

I'm from a company that has recently released http://www.runwayapp.com/, and I'd really appreciate some honest feedback from people who know a thing or two about GTD.

We're a bunch of geeks who use GTD in our daily jobs, and we value applications that do a great job, but get out of our way and let us do things in a simple fashion. Mostly, that means Runway lets you do everything from the keyboard. An action is created through a simple, single-line entry field. No check boxes, no drop-down lists, no tabbing between fields. I'd love to know how that model works for everyone else.

Thanks in advance.
 
Martin,

It is not normally my style I'm going to be frank because you asked me to. This is meant to be constructive.

I went to the web site. IMO it is pretty bad.

I saw the screen shot. It appears to be running on a Mac. Is it Mac only?

It appears to be running in a browser (though its hard to say since I'm not a Mac guy). Is it a web app?

I decided not to sign up for the beta or watch a demonstration video just to find out the necessary basic information. IMO this stuff should be up front in the description. I'm sorry if I missed it.

Tom S.
 
Tom Shannon;67275 said:
It is not normally my style I'm going to be frank because you asked me to. This is meant to be constructive.

Yep - that's exactly what I'm after. Thanks.

Tom Shannon;67275 said:
I went to the web site. IMO it is pretty bad.

Do you mean the web site is bad?

Tom Shannon;67275 said:
I saw the screen shot. It appears to be running on a Mac. Is it Mac only?

The screen shot is of a browser running on a Mac. It's a web application, so no it's not Mac only.

Tom Shannon;67275 said:
It appears to be running in a browser (though its hard to say since I'm not a Mac guy). Is it a web app?

Yep - that's right.

Tom Shannon;67275 said:
I decided not to sign up for the beta or watch a demonstration video just to find out the necessary basic information. IMO this stuff should be up front in the description. I'm sorry if I missed it.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback Tom. I'll chat to the team about making that information clearer.
 
martin_j_andrews;67279 said:
Do you mean the web site is bad?

Yes, I meant the lack of information. Its easy to forget to put things like that into the front page of a website because you get so close to what you are doing that you forget that people are starting completely from scratch. It happens to me all the time in all forms of communication.

Good luck,
Tom
 
Top