• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

'Feeling comfortable tool' vs 'Convenient tool'

assdfd513213

Registered
Which one do you prefer between 'Feeling comfortable tool' and 'Convenient tool' for List manager,Calendar,Reference?

I feel comfortable to Evernote but it's not convenient for link with actions and projects.

Should I move to 'Convenient tool that I'm not feel comfortable?'
 
The ideal tool is both - it is comfortable to use for the purpose you intend, and it is convenient so that it fits smoothly into your life.

Consider that you may want multiple tools. It's near impossible to find a single tool that does everything well. Some tools will be really great for certain things but not so great for others. For instance, Evernote does a great job with reference information, but it certainly is not an effective calendar.

Most people end up needing separate tools at least for Email, Calendar, and Lists - so try to find the tool that is most comfortable and convenient for each major component of your system.

I use a handful of tools, each of which I've selected for a specific purpose:
  • Outlook - Email & calendar
  • Evernote - Reference
  • Todoist - Lists - next actions, projects, someday maybe, goals, vision, purpose
  • the Brain - mind map for areas of focus
  • One Drive - more reference & project support
The key is to experiment and not be afraid to select tools for a specific purpose.
 
Top