Feeling rushed when completing GTD Weekly Review

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
As I'm catching up on these conversations (great, by the way), I'm inclined to give another radical piece of advice: stop doing any reviews! Just let life and work pile up until you find yourself forced to do something to get back on top of your game. There have been times in my life when I needed to do a Weekly Review daily; and times when once a month was sufficient to keep me OK. We only came up with these timeframe suggestions to give people a good starting point. After that, it's just what's necessary to keep you clear about what you're doing.

Jeremy Jones

Registered
As I'm catching up on these conversations (great, by the way), I'm inclined to give another radical piece of advice: stop doing any reviews! Just let life and work pile up until you find yourself forced to do something to get back on top of your game. There have been times in my life when I needed to do a Weekly Review daily; and times when once a month was sufficient to keep me OK. We only came up with these timeframe suggestions to give people a good starting point. After that, it's just what's necessary to keep you clear about what you're doing.

Good idea. When reading this, given the state of my current control and perspective, I literally had a jolt of cortisol when reading "stop doing any reviews!"

I am by no means stringent with doing a weekly review, but I'm improving. That reaction makes it clear to me that I'm not ready to follow that advice. :D