• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Fililng with Netcentrics : did I miss something?

Greetings -
I've been using Netcentrics (Outlook add-in) for a while and do appreciate the 'automation' aspect of it. Having said so, I'm stuck with what I believe is a restriction in file management.
Let me try to explain :
I have created a series of folders on my hard drive for Project Support Material and General Reference; I store attachments and/or email contents according to their value for either my projects or future reference.
I'm stuck with a tedious 'save as' process here since Netcentrics only allows to save within Outlook (unless I missed something).
Can anyone point me to my mistake (if any) or to an efficient workaround?
Thanks for your feedback!
 
Hi Marc,

That looks to be the case. I just checked my demo copy of the GTD Outlook Add-In. Looks like you would have to right click on the attachments in the email and select "Save All Attachments" to save those to a location outside of Outlook.

To save the whole message as .msg or .html format, you can go File>Save As to save it to a location outside of Outlook.

Kelly
 
Top