• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Finding back documents in GTD using tracking numbers?

Since I use GTD principles I have a 'next action' list to work from. Nevertheless I sometimes need to go back to the original email or hardcopy to look at the details of what needs to be done. I found it sometimes difficult to make some kind of link between my list(s) and the origninal documents.

I realy liked the 'tracking number' approach described on http://www.robsprotips.com/

FindingRelated_forWeb600px.jpg


What do you think? Any other suggestions?
 
brilliant and articulate analyses

RE: tracking numbers: quite useful, especially with date as part of the number, can also be adapted to increase confidentiality where sensitve materials are concerned. I am not too comfortable with a tracking number that does not have meaning but there are ways around that such as creating your own Dewey Decimal system.

RE: Pile-File:I think the analysis is brilliant. I need more time to digest its applicability to me. I think maybe I could use this to manage my Active Projects.
 
Top