For Those that have used GTD for 2+ years...

clango

Registered
kewms;43880 said:
I think that's nonsense. Plenty of people who've never heard of GTD pay lots of attention to higher elevations. Methodologies like Franklin Covey place higher elevations (known in Franklin Covey-speak as Roles and Goals) front and center.

Now, plenty of people get frustrated with Franklin Covey because, without control over the Runway level, it's impossible to actually make any progress at the higher levels. But then, plenty of people get frustrated with GTD because they feel it turns them into "widget crankers" with no greater purpose.

Katherine

I'll tell you in two years!

Several years ago I attended a "time manager" course. It use a top-down approach, the opposite one and it impressed me a lot. Year by year it helped to help me to grow and in managing better my stuff even if I never found a practical application of my daily activity that press you everyday not leaving to you time and energy to approach your 30000/50000 feet.

Also during this Christmas holidays I was so impressed by the David Allen's book (did you try to understand why several person at the beginning of the year approach this big project of time management?) that I reconverted all my approach to the new one!

I'll try to keep in touch! Good luck and happy New Year to all!
Claudio

PS Please support a little we - new entries!Give us some dreams! What can you see at the end of the gallery?