Forum and Site Bugs

vbampton

Administrator
I think that's a timing & caching error Oogie. I saw that yesterday - it got stuck on Working, but when I browsed to the thread on another browser, it had been posted correctly. I occasionally see posts get stuck on the submit screen on my forum, just when the server's running slowly.

vbampton

Administrator
I found it funny when my comment got put into moderation.... and I had to approve it myself! Fairly pointless moderation that!

Oogiem

Registered
Yet another question,

So my long poist was there but got caught in "Moderation"

Why even have moderators for the connect forums?

ryanirelan

Registered
This isn't related to the forums but the What's New page (under Connect, not forums) hasn't changed for me since March 3rd. Anyone else?

vbampton

Administrator
Oogiem said:
So my long poist was there but got caught in "Moderation"
Why even have moderators for the connect forums?

It's a function of the forum software, but something's gone awry as it shouldn't be checking any regular posters, only newbies. Unfortunately I don't access to the CP to change that. I have mod access in order to delete spammers posts, and as a by-product, it means I can approve any posts I see have dropped into the mod queue accidentally, so at least they shouldn't sit there for too long while the team figure out why the automatic moderation is being over-zealous.

Barb

Registered
Interesting. Were you seeing posts drop into "mod" anywhere other than the Weekly Review thread? I was posting other places, but that's the only place it happened to me.

vbampton

Administrator
I'm not 100% certain - I wasn't looking for a pattern until a couple of days ago - but it happened again with that thread's latest post, so the moderation definitely seems to be watching that thread closely.

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Let's try a comment and see what happens. I could get used to the comments getting nested in a post like this one. Hitting post now ...

Oogiem

Registered
New bug this am.

There is a forum "Your GTD Journey" that is showing new posts. When I click to go into that forum the only new thread is one Arcaster has deleted. But it shows as having new posts in it. Clicking on it gives this error (I just tried to upload a screen capture of the error but I am not allowed to upload attachments so that's a second error) Anyway the error is that I do not have the authority to view the page.

Can't set the channel read as there is no option on that screen.

Oogiem

Registered
Yet another attempt to attach the screen shots Got part of the screen up. This is what I see when I come into that forum.

fetch

I can't clip the entire message but this is most of it.

fetch

Oogiem

Registered
Yet the posts are going up there because then I get errors about duplicate posts

Looks like any message with an uploaded attachment causes problems.

Oogiem

Registered
Yet another bug, SOmetimes clicking on next to go to the next page of a thread doesn't work. The URL at the top is correct but it never refreshes. Have to force a refresh to actually move to the new page.

A big issue because of the inability to see posts in reverse order with newest first.

ArcCaster

Registered
using Google Chrome, I just typed an entry in the 'write something' box for the March weekly review. When I hit 'post reply', it just vanished. Was my sequence of steps incorrect?