• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Free 2-min Timer?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a free alternative to davidco "2-min Timer" application available for $10 at the davidco store? I would have bought it, but it seems to take too much screen space.

I am also looking for a customizable timer (which can enable me to set 2, 5, 10 min timers etc). And I would be OK with anything (like a Yahoo Widget, Google Gadget etc)... Just looking for some good one.

Thanks.
 
Two Minute Timers

ateebih;58868 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a free alternative to davidco "2-min Timer" application available for $10 at the davidco store? I would have bought it, but it seems to take too much screen space.

I am also looking for a customizable timer (which can enable me to set 2, 5, 10 min timers etc). And I would be OK with anything (like a Yahoo Widget, Google Gadget etc)... Just looking for some good one.

Thanks.

Hi. There's a current post on GTDtimes (http://www.gtdtimes.com/2008/06/17/two-minute-videos-on-gtd-the-two-minute-rule/) that talks about the two minute rule. At the end of the post there's a paragraph with a link to an array of timer resources. Perhaps one of the ones listed will work for you? Personally, I use a Mac and have an adjustable timer widget that I found at the Apple website which I use...

Oliver Starr, Editor
GTDtimes.com
 
ateebih;58868 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a free alternative to davidco "2-min Timer" application available for $10 at the davidco store? I would have bought it, but it seems to take too much screen space.

I am also looking for a customizable timer (which can enable me to set 2, 5, 10 min timers etc). And I would be OK with anything (like a Yahoo Widget, Google Gadget etc)... Just looking for some good one.

Thanks.

I got a free 2 minute timer for my BlackBerry when I purchased NextAction! - the actual GTD task app - for BlackBerry :)
 
Try Free TimeLeft

TimeLeft is a free clock, reminder, alarm clock, tray clock, countdown clock, work days countdown, stopwatch, timer, sticker, auction watch and time synchronization utility using Winamp skins to show digits and text.

This product is so customizable and fun that it puts the 2-minute GTD timer to shame.

One feature, the ability to play my own selected soundbyte when the timer runs out makes this app really fun. When my 2-minute timer runs out, it plays the long mrrrrrp sound from The Price Is Right. If I hear that sound, I know it wasn't really a 2-minute next action after all.
 
For those that use a palm, I recommend Palmary Clock. It has tons of options. One I especially like is recurring timers, i.e. 2 min, 2 min, 2 min, for as long as you need. Great for staying focused on emails.

www.palmarysoft.com

- Don
 
Top