• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Functional Office Furniture

I am in the process of creating a new home office. I have used HON furniture in the past and I am looking to see what else is available. In the last mailing, David Allen mentioned his use of the Herman Miller Passage System - does anyone else have any other recommendations?
 
I can offer a bit of advice around filing:
From Why every problem should be a GTD project:
[7] Instead of buying cheapo filing cabinets from the big box office supply store, we go to an awesome local used office furniture store, which has a ton of inexpensive, but very high quality, filing cabinets. Our two-drawer cabinets are usually $300-400, but we got them for ~$50 each. They really work smoothly, and have have plenty of capacity. Plus, you never know what you'll find in them!
Also, some books suggest that a "U" shaped desk arrangement is most functional. "L" is next, followed by parallel front-back desks, and finally the lowly single wide surface.

Post some pics when it's set up? :-)
 
Top