Fuzzy Edges Not Untils

Oogiem

Registered
unstuffed;62581 said:
[What I'd suggest is that you use something that uses tags, instead of a traditional hierarchical database structure.....

Our local people here used to have 6 distinct seasons, whereas up in Darwin they have 3*, so you don't have to stick to the conventional 4.

If you're not always online, there are other similar options such as wikis (although I don't know as much about them as I should). The important factor is the tags: once you throw all your NAs into basic lists grouped by season or rain or summat, then tag to your heart's content.

I must say that this is one of the most interesting questions I've ever seen on this forum. Thanks, Oogiem. :)

Tags or free form database for sure. Hierarchical would get too hard to manage. There used to be a really nice small database program on the original 128k Mac that I loved where you could tag everything with an infinite number of tags. It's long since died. I can't even remember the name but I sure remember when I had hundreds of documents in it. They've all migrated to my Palm now but I'm running out of categories and memory in PalmOS

I am not always on-line though so it's going to take some effort to get that to be mobile.

Seasons are also good, been working on a paper based trial run of seasonal stuff. Here there's winter, mud season, lambalanch, hunting season and so on ;-) Well actually more seriously there are some basic seasonal parameters I can work with.

Glad you enjoyed the question. I'm trying to extend GTD to areas where it's not obvious that it can be done but I see huge benefits in even the parts that I have been able to implement.

unstuffed

Registered
Mobile, hmmm. I know Remember The Milk has some mobile syncs and/or versions: have a look here to see if anything matches your requirements. I've not experimented with any of that, because I don't need to (and partly because I'm getting tech fatigue!).

I vaguely remember using a couple of nice things on the early Macs, too. Ahh, the good old days. ;)