• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Getting started questions: 2 PC's and me

  • Thread starter Thread starter zooropa
  • Start date Start date
Z

zooropa

Guest
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the GTD book for about a week now and hope some folks can help me see the proverbial forest from the trees.

My question is simple: how do I move forward with organizing things into buckets?

Like most people, I have two basic office setups: home and at work. At both locations, I've gone through the first few parts of the process. I've trashed a lot, collected, setup an A-Z easy filing system, marked things with reminders or someday/maybes, and waiting for. Now I'm getting stuck in the "organize" part.

- How do people maintain two offices?

Do I sync everything (home and work) to the PDA and carry around everything?

Do I need to "duplicate" setups in Outlook at both home and work (I use Outlook 2000 at both home and work).

I feel lost here. Any assistance would be more than welcome.

Thanks.

(please note that I edited this slightly so it's a little more coherent)
 
Re: Getting started questions: 2 PC's and me

zooropa said:
Do I sync everything (home and work) to the PDA and carry around everything?

Do I need to "duplicate" setups in Outlook at both home and work (I use Outlook 2000 at both home and work).

That's basically what I did. I use Outlook at work for email only, and use the Palm Desktop for everything else. I use the Palm Desktop at home, too.

The only differences between the two setups are the file structures for reference files, based on what worked at each location. Oh, and my tickler file is at my office, because I'm there at the desk on a more consistent basis.
 
Top