• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Gmail Drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter trishacupra
  • Start date Start date
T

trishacupra

Guest
Hi,

I just wanted to share a great tip that I just set up for myself today.

I have a Gmail account (and heaps of invites if anyone wants to send me an email at trisha @ genesislifecoaching. com requesting one) and I recently installed Gmail Drive from http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

It's great! I can use all my Gmail storage space to store back-ups and share files easily - because Gmail Drive turns your Gmail account into a 'virtual' hard drive on your computer that you can treat just like a normal hard drive - copy, paste, delete, etc.

And best of all, it's 100% free.

One warning though - Gmail may at any time change and you may lose access to your files, so only keep copies on your Gmail Drive.

Also, I had to reboot my computer for it to work. But it works ok now.

Trisha
http://www.GenesisLifeCoaching.com
 
Trisha-

Do you have to have a network connection to access your gmail drive?
 
problem w/ installation

I tried 2 install it and it said the installation failed
 
just for the record - didn't have any issues with this the other day and didn't require a reboot so perhaps this update may help:

27 July update: A change in an url redirection of the Gmail service caused problems with login. Version 1.0.6 will resolve the problem. Please uninstall (from the Windows Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs), then reboot and install the new version.

as for needing a network - good question - I don't recall the drive caching files last I checked. I can't verify this - anyone else?
 
No. It works fine on my home computer which isn't networked or anything. Just need an internet connection.

Trisha
 
Top