Go the Distance to a Mind Like Water

thomasbk

Registered
This is a good video to emphasize a critical piece of GTD: you have to trust your system 100% by entering everything, or else your mind will try to hold on to everything. This was a personal breakthrough when I finally understood how this simple concept could make or break my practice.

As for the video itself, I appreciate that the music is at a lower volume since it was first introduced, but I still find it distracting while David speaks. It makes it harder to focus on what he's saying. Also, could captions be added to make the videos accessible?

Murray

Registered
I just saw this on Facebook so I came here to leave this feedback: Brilliant message and video, though the 'shiffy'-sound of the vest whenever David folded or unfolded his arms was ruining the audio and very distracting.

This particular piece of costume is not camera friendly! Otherwise loved it, very clear and inspiring, thanks.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I just saw this on Facebook so I came here to leave this feedback: Brilliant message and video, though the 'shiffy'-sound of the vest whenever David folded or unfolded his arms was ruining the audio and very distracting.

This particular piece of costume is not camera friendly! Otherwise loved it, very clear and inspiring, thanks.
Thanks for mentioning that. I will bring that up with David.

Murray

Registered
Thanks for mentioning that. I will bring that up with David.
I feel bad for mentioning it, but I figure despite that it's probably contructive feedback.

I just watched it again and was grateful again for the clarity and relaxed authority of the message.

Interestingly the music didn't bother me, even though the clothing sound did. Goes to show how subjective it all is I guess.

Last edited:

mcogilvie

Registered

I barely noticed it on the video here. Aside from being subjective, how much of that kind of sound is heard also depends on how the audio is encoded, eq levels, et cetera, so things can sound different on different platforms.

Murray

Registered
I barely noticed it on the video here. Aside from being subjective, how much of that kind of sound is heard also depends on how the audio is encoded, eq levels, et cetera, so things can sound different on different platforms.
True... Maybe it's my earphones or phone that needs attention!

TesTeq

Registered
@mcogilvie I've heard from many sources that sound is the most important element of video.