• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Google Keep for @Agendas

I moved my @Agendas list from Google Tasks to Google Keep for the following reasons:
  • Native support for check boxes in Keep notes
  • Date/Time and/or Location-based reminders
I often forget to check my @Agendas list, so if I know about when or where I'll be meeting with someone I can set that reminder in Keep. It works pretty well, but it doesn't cover chance encounters. This generally isn't a huge problem but I'm often looking for ways to make my system smarter than I am.

I wonder if it's possible to set up a proximity notification when another person is close by (i.e. that person's phone is nearby). I imagine that all parties would have to subscribe to some sort of service and/or have a particular app installed and running. Has anyone ever heard of or tried such an app?

Thanks.
 
Top