Great tool for tracking @Waiting Fors

ckennedy

Registered
I've been playing around with a great new software tool that I've found especially helpful in tracking my @Waiting For emails.
It's called MSGTAG Status. It tags all my outgoing emails and sends me a confirmation when it is read. Unlike Outlook, it does not deliver a pop up screen to the recipient.
Also, rather than sending me an email receipt, it has a neat digital dashboard that allows me to track which emails have been read and which haven't.
In the past I would enter an @Waiting For task whenever I sent an email that required a response. Now I just pull up the dashboard and can tell at a glance where the open loops are. Brilliant!
www.msgtag.com

whkratz

Registered
On the other hand, because it doesn't pop up a notice to the recipient, it is sending info (such as their e-mail address) from his or her computer "without consent." This can be seen by some recipients as a serious privacy violation.

A

Anonymous

Stephen
It doesn't necessarily move them forward. It just enables me to ensure they don't fall through the cracks.
Rather than put "Reply from Fred re XYZ project" on my @Waiting For list, I check my dashboard and see the emails I've sent. When I receive a reply, I delete if off the dashboard.
Hope this is somewhat clearer.
Craig

whkratz

Registered
Anonymous said:
I check my dashboard and see the emails I've sent. When I receive a reply, I delete if off the dashboard.
Craig

If you are just using the dashboard to see what messages you have sent, what is the difference between that and just looking in your "Sent" folder?

remyc88

Registered
won't work in outlook 2003

this won't work if the receiver is using Outlook 2003 because its default is to not download images in html emails