• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD and a Treo 755p

Anyone using a GTD system on their Treo755p with the palm desktop software? I'm curious as to how you're utilizing it.
 
Palm desktop GTD

Jarvek,

Kelly Forrister who is responsible for overseeing the content of Connect used to be a heavy palm desktop user with GTD. If you do a search on her posts you may get some insights. She has also mentioned her system in several podcasts.

She has migrated from the Palm platform to their company's Lotus notes system recently.

There is also a white paper on setting up a palm system here:

https://secure.davidco.com/connect/white-papers/white-papers-download.php?id=22

Joe

PS. Some of the content is only available to connect members, unfortnately.
 
jarvek7;71070 said:
Anyone using a GTD system on their Treo755p with the palm desktop software? I'm curious as to how you're utilizing it.

Palm Treo 755p but using Mac OS X with iCal, Apple Address book, Missing Synch, Yojimbo and Omnifocus for my desktop stuff. I migrated off Palm Desktop quite a while ago. Some glitches,but it works fairly well.

However, I am considering a new cell phone when my contract expires in November...

Palm Desktop on the mac side just got too flakey and didn't do the GTD stuff I wanted so I searched for a better solution. Tried and initially loved LifeBalance, but the GTD system fell apart when I had some personal health issues and it got impossible to review effectively. Switched to OF and have managed ot make it through several crises so far and system is intact so I think it's working. :-)
 
I gave up on Palm a long time ago when they started moving to smart phones. The last completely Palm PDA I had, it was very flakey and just didn't work so intuitively.

I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing if Apple refreshes the IPod Touch, including a camera. If so, that will be great and will serve as a PDA (yes, I want to get that OF iphone version).
 
Top