GTD books on Kindle in Australia??

mmurray

Registered
I posted about this a couple of years back. It seems the first two GTD books are still not available yet on Kindle in Australia. Any chance this could move off the Someday/Maybe list at the next weekly review ?

Michael

richardnau

Registered
I'd like to second the request. I would have bought the books this evening if they had been available for Kindle in Australia. I'd rather have e-books than physical -- just for the portability and ease of access.

Thanks.

mmurray

Registered
Does anyone know what is in this summary for Kindle ?

I downloaded the sample but I couldn't tell if it was going to be just an intro or a summary of the processes.

Thanks - Michael

mmurray

Registered
mmurray;96786 said:
I posted about this a couple of years back. It seems the first two GTD books are still not available yet on Kindle in Australia. Any chance this could move off the Someday/Maybe list at the next weekly review ?

Michael

OK I gave in and clicked buy. It looks like a good summary of both the reason for doing GTD and the processes involved. A useful reminder to have with me. And downloadable downunder !

Michael

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I've not heard back yet from David's publisher on this yet (why no Kindle version of Getting Things Done in Australia yet). It usually takes some digging to research how publishers in other countries are handling these kinds of things. But I'll be sure to post when I have more info from them.

richardnau

Registered
Thanks. Appreciate your persistence.

I don't think that Kindle sales into Australia would greatly harm any publisher: local book-stores don't seem to stock the books anyway! The paperback is listed as 'out of stock' at one major local store, while another quotes delivery times that strongly suggest that any order will be filled from USA stock.

TesTeq

Registered
Rational thinking in media outlets?

richardnau;97748 said:
I don't think that Kindle sales into Australia would greatly harm any publisher: local book-stores don't seem to stock the books anyway! The paperback is listed as 'out of stock' at one major local store, while another quotes delivery times that strongly suggest that any order will be filled from USA stock.

I do not think it is reasonable to expect rational thinking from publishers and other media outlets. They actively promote piracy by restricting legal availability of copyrighted material.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
So sorry Richard. I've contacted the publisher twice and they've not been able to get an answer about this from who they need to contact about Australia versions.

Sorry!

richardnau

Registered
Well, I gave up and bought the books from Amazon. If the publisher was attempting to protect its local (Oz) subsidiary (by preventing Kindle sales to Australian Kindle owners), they failed. I'm disappointed that I had to buy paper books -- but at least I have them.

Now I just have to find time to read them. (Joke.)

TesTeq

Registered
Sending bits to Australia is too expensive.

mmurray;101263 said:
Just bumping back up to the top in case there is any news :)

I think sending bits to Australia is too expensive.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Michael,

David's US publisher has not been able to track this down with the Australia publisher. But I did just write directly to the Australia publisher for you. It's a general customer service email, so I don't have high hopes on a reply, but it's worth a shot. You may want to write too: customer.service@penguin.com.au

Kelly

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Penguin Australia replied:

Hi Kelly,

Penguin Australia only holds the publication rights to David’s third book Making It All Work in our market. To make David’s two other ebooks available for sale in Australia you’d need to talk to Penguin USA whom I assume hold world rights.

Kind Regards,

Chris Grierson

So, I'm stumped, as Penguin US said Australia owned these rights.

Kelly