GTD Connect is here!

GTDWorks

Registered
Worth Every Penny

Hey, folks,

I joined at the Boston RoadMap Seminar and wondered if it would be worth the cash I'd be handing out. Trust me - it's been worth every penny both in terms of increased productivity and a greater ability to self-assess on key aspects of the GTD process.

As my "name" states, "GTDWorks" and so does GTD Connect!

ThomasDerwin

Registered
Count me in

IMHO, David has the habit of giving more than your money's worth, so I joined as soon as the e-mail landed in my in-box this afternoon. Bob Walsh's review link a few posts back is a great overview.

Granted, $48 isn't cheap, but if GTD Connect helps me get just one or two more key things done each month, the membership has paid for itself.

Have fun,
Tom

apinaud

Registered
ThomasDerwin said:
IMHO, David has the habit of giving more than your money's worth

I cannot agree with you more...

ThomasDerwin said:
Granted, $48 isn't cheap, but if GTD Connect helps me get just one or two more key things done each month, the membership has paid for itself.

Also people remember...

If you think an expert it is expensive... works with an apprendice...

I join a soon as was available, $48 it is a number to consider... as other had said time will say...

So far I had bough GTD Book, Ready for Anything Book, GTD AudioBook, Ready for Anything Audiobook, GTD Add-in, Outlook White Paper, GTD Fast...

My only regret has been not bought those before... for that reason when DavidCo said $48 I just smile and decide to wait until they surprise me...

TesTeq

Registered
Sending stuff via snailmail?

cyberscribe said:
An annual billing package may or may not have a slight discount associated with it -- due to the hard costs of the twelve CDs and four expanded print journals a member gets each year, in addition to the teleseminar calls.
I think that sending stuff via snailmail to members is not very GTD compatible and somehow old-fashioned. It is easier to deal with digital content. It is easier to print something or to burn your own CD than to scan papers or rip CDs. The electronic distribution would allow to reduce the hard costs and thus the membership cost. Maybe there should be two subscriptions: "standard" and "electronic only".

By the way - is the membership fee the same for European customers?

C

creed

UK Subscribers?

How does access to the physical stuff apply for those of us in the UK?

Do you plan to run the teleseminars at times suitable for those of us outside the US?

Right now those are important considerations for my taking up this offer.

For those people who are saying that $48 dollars per month is expensive, for those of us who have wanted to--but not yet been able to attend one of the seminars--if I can get the same worth out of a 12 month spend on this than I could out of one seminar attendance, I think it's worth it.

For those people for whom GTD is less business-oriented I can see why you think that $48 dollars a month is pricey, but I--like Thomas--tend to think of it in terms of *my* billable time; if being a member saves me a few hours that I can then repurpose for billing clients (by being more organised), it's got to be a good return on investment. That's why I have someone to cut my lawn: I pay him £30/hour, which always hurts, but is justified in that it frees me up to do more work that is billed out at £50/hour (plus I hate garden work). If I didn't pay him, the house would have 6 foot grass around it; I'm hoping that by paying David $48/month I won't fall off the GTD wagon so many times, may actually remember to do a weekly review, and get a much better handle on why I'm failing.

But, like I said, it all depends on how nicely the system plays with those of us who don't celebrate the 4th July, drive on the other, correct side of the road, and know how to spell 'colour' correctly. :)

Diane

Registered
I feel like it is priced beyond my means, but on the other hand:
It's probably about what you would pay for the one-day seminar.
It's about the price of a cup of coffee a day.
I just need to make a decision, that's all.
Do a little cost/benefit analysis.

silvia225

Registered
Lisa,

It is difficult to import CDs to Brazil. Anyway, I think this can be a wonderful opportunity to people here to have this kind of collective coaching as far as I understood.

(I wished all the goverment staff would apply GTD to solve our problems but another big tool would be needed to cut the corruption. We would have a happy country with no misery!)

All the best in this new endeavour!

Silvia

Lisa Peake

Registered
GTD Connect is international

Hi creed- Great questions and I'm glad you asked them. If you checkout my blog you'll see what I'm personally excited about is the international availability of Connect. I really feel it will expand our GTD support network in a very positive way, building off of all the great resources we and others have come up with along the way.

GTD Connect is $48 per month anywhere in the world, that includes all of our shipping costs.

We will defintitely switch up the times on our Teleseminars to accomodate both US and European time zones, among any others who speak up. If only there were one time of day that works for everyone! But since there isn't, we will do our best to rotate times. Also, the Teleseminars are archived on the website within a day of when they are broadcast live. It's been a lot of fun already to see people discussing an event on the private Forums just hours afterwards.

silvia225 and TesTeq- If you find that receiving CD's or snailmail is burdensome for whatever reason (customs issues, or even because you just don't like having the extra stuff in your house) we can accomodate that. Instead of receiving mailings, a handful of folks opt to receive all the materials online only. I'm calling it the e-only option.

Thanks for your good wishes and encouragement!

K

kvyoung

Very Interested...but

I wanted to clarify an earlier post I made to this thread as I have read criticism elsewhere about the price of GTD Connect and I want to make it clear that was not the intent of MY earlier post. I think those that can afford to participate in GTD Connect are sure to get great value for every dollar spent. In fact I'm positive that David will ensure that. Unfortunately though $48 per month is higher then some personal budgets can accommodate.

Having recently thought more about the cost I approached my employer about treating membership to the group as a professional development activity and I'll wait and see if they are receptive. Others may want to consider doing the same if their circumstances permit.

pixlz

Registered
You could try it for a month

Hi

To all those people who are undecided. You could invest $48 dollars and try it for a month. You can leave at any time and so you could see first hand if it will be useful.

Sharon

Max

Registered
Different strokes...

Well, I have decided. I am a proud member of the GTD Unconnected. The only membership requirement is that one be smart enough to understand the book without further handholding. :wink:

Seriously, it sounds like a good program but it's not for everyone. Heck GTD isn't even for everyone.

That spiffy nameplate is enticing though.

fokke.kooistra

Registered
Good observation!

creed said:
For those people who are saying that $48 dollars per month is expensive, for those of us who have wanted to--but not yet been able to attend one of the seminars--if I can get the same worth out of a 12 month spend on this than I could out of one seminar attendance, I think it's worth it.
Hi creed,

I went to the Roadmap seminar in London last month and subscribed to GTD connect that same day. After these couple of weeks I can honestly say that for the next 12 months I am covered. The seminar was great, learned new things and tweaked my system.

And the stuff at Connect that is now available is worth it, and I haven't even received the first snail mail mailing. I tend to think of it as a one day seminar spread out over 12 months.

Fokke

TesTeq

Registered
What about back issues?

GTD connect is a subscription. If someone is late with payment is it possible to pay for the missed month?

Lisa Peake

Registered
Monthly payments

Hi TesTeq,

The payments are billed automatically unless you choose to cancel, so no need to worry about putting it in your tickler file. :)

-Lisa

TesTeq

Registered
Back issues again.

Lisa Peake said:
Hi TesTeq,

The payments are billed automatically unless you choose to cancel, so no need to worry about putting it in your tickler file. :)

-Lisa
Lisa,

Thanks for your answer but my question is a little bit different. In the GTD Connect program DavidCo delivers some electronic and paper content each month. How do you plan to solve the problem of back issues access. Let's suppose I will not decide to subscribe until January 2007. Will it be possible in January 2007 to purchase the content that was published in 2006 year?

TesTeq

Borisoff

Registered
I would suggest to make a trial access to GTD Connect so many users can check themselves if they need the system or not. Is it possible and how?

Regards,

Eugene.

mondo

Registered
Hi

I decided to take up a trial offer of GTD Connect, by signing up. If I don't like it, I'll opt out later.

Having interacted with David's methodology now for 5 years, I've learnt to trust the quality of materials that is likely to come out from David and his team.

My initial impression (4 days now) is that this IS an investment in myself that is well worth the money

Cheers

Des

Lisa Peake

Registered
Hi TesTeq-

We will always make an extensive archive of Connect materials available on the site, I'm not sure yet how far back in time that will extend. For example, people who join 20 years from now probably aren't going to have access to 20 years of interviews because that would be unwieldly... I can imagine that we might get to a point where our archive becomes more of a "best of" or a library of frequently requested materials.

If you've just joined us, which I can see you have, check out the Audio, Video, and Teleseminars sections of the site for archived materials.

And Eugene-

Thanks for the suggestion! We're still building out more options to allow folks to preview Connect so you can make a more informed decision about joining. I think you'll find that if you try it for a month, it'll be well worth it.

Lisa

severance1970

Registered
So far it's been a fair trade at $48. There are components that aren't relevant for my purposes, but the teleseminar and workshop material delivered on a regular basis is a more consistent way to sharpen the saw than once-a-year seminars costing roughly the same (or more, factoring in travel and accommodation). The half-life to any 2-day presentation is necessarily limited compared to well of information available through Connect on a subscription basis.

But there's a law in cybernetics which states that the more familiar the message, the less information it contains, hence the "So far" qualification. I plan to stay on board for at least three months to see if the influx of new insights holds at the rate it does for me right now. Even in the case of diminishing returns, I'm sure that will have been a valuable trial period.

smithdoug

Registered
How high is "high speed"

A "high speed" internet connection is required. But how high is high? We're in the country and although we have DSL, it isn't one of the more robust flavors.