GTD for Students

tomstubbs

Registered
I want to propose teaching a course on GTD/Intentional Thinking to students who attend my local high school in Decatur, Georgia, starting this fall. The kids would range from 9th to 12th grade. I know many have almost assuredly done this before and I would love any thoughts/suggestions/lesson plans/suggestions/syllabi/reading lists or any other thoughts folks might have. I will, of course, use the charts and other collateral available from GTD Connect. I am thinking of using three books: GTD (Revised Edition) (by David Allen (when the damn thing comes out)); Your Brain at Work (by David Rock) (an outstanding book if you have not already discovered it); and A Whole New Mind (by Dan Pink). I saw the story about David's visit to the elementary school in Minnesota where the class was engaged in its weekly review. What a blast! I hope to reach out to that teacher, as well. Thanks for your thoughts!

Oogiem

Registered
No thoughts on how to accomplish it just hearty support! I wish I had learned GTD in high school. It would have made my college and professional life so much easier and I'd have probably accomplished a lot more.

Barb

Registered
tomstubbs said:
I want to propose teaching a course on GTD/Intentional Thinking to students who attend my local high school in Decatur, Georgia, starting this fall. The kids would range from 9th to 12th grade. I know many have almost assuredly done this before and I would love any thoughts/suggestions/lesson plans/suggestions/syllabi/reading lists or any other thoughts folks might have. I will, of course, use the charts and other collateral available from GTD Connect. I am thinking of using three books: GTD (Revised Edition) (by David Allen (when the damn thing comes out)); Your Brain at Work (by David Rock) (an outstanding book if you have not already discovered it); and A Whole New Mind (by Dan Pink). I saw the story about David's visit to the elementary school in Minnesota where the class was engaged in its weekly review. What a blast! I hope to reach out to that teacher, as well. Thanks for your thoughts!

I'd reach out to Meg Edwards and see what resources she might have. On another note, I finished h.s. in DeKalb Co. What a world. :)

Dave Edwards

Registered
Let me echo the support. I really wish that in high school I would learned how to effectively study, take notes and stay organized. Figuring it for yourself is not easy at that age....or any age. Good luck.