GTD in Australia

Murray

Registered
I have some somewhat regular commitments on the weekends, mowing my Mums lawns, so very often weather dependent on which day it will happen and will take me out the whole day light hours. so not easy to plan around since I often don't decide till Friday night, though I like to try to get there at least once a fortnight.
Hi Zaneta, awesome to see your reply. Given your unpredictable weekends, would Tuesday evenings be a better fit for you? Annette has stated a preference for Tuesdays.

Zaneta

Registered
Hi Zaneta, awesome to see your reply. Given your unpredictable weekends, would Tuesday evenings be a better fit for you? Annette has stated a preference for Tuesdays.
Tuesdays are normally free for me. Though I know how challenging it can be to herd cats, so while sad to miss out, I know with the way my life is unpredictable I often need to juggle. Though its unlikely that all instances of any meet up will always be on the only perfect weather day on the weekend and as we move into winter the grass will grow with less gusto as well. :)

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi All, this revivified thread thrills me. Please if one of you will post here what you land on as a day/time, and what platform you're using, I would love to join at least some of the meetings. And feel free to refuse if you don't want someone from "corporate" to be involved.

And I'm going to point someone based in Melbourne to this thread.

Murray

Registered
Hi All, this revivified thread thrills me. Please if one of you will post here what you land on as a day/time, and what platform you're using, I would love to join at least some of the meetings. And feel free to refuse if you don't want someone from "corporate" to be involved.

And I'm going to point someone based in Melbourne to this thread.
Lol, "those fat cats in Big GTD are always trying to muscle out the little guys"

No John, of course it would be great to have you join whenever you can.

And thanks for letting your Melbourne contact know.

Hi Annette, that's great if you invite others. I would say it's open to anyone who has read the book or done a course or had some basic introduction like that. Probably not suitable for total beginners who are just curious and hoping to have everything explained from scratch. Speaking for myself, that would not meet my needs for mutual support and would be a different type of group.

I'm pretty open to different technical platforms - zoom, MS teams, facebook messenger video, google meet, etc. Unless one of us has a paid zoom account I think the time limit would be 40 minutes. An hour sounds like what we'd aim for, possibly with the option of some folks staying later if they wish.
Yes, the people I am thinking of are long-time GTD'ers. I understand this is not a space for beginners. I don't have a paid Zoom account so am limited by 40 minutes. As the leader so far Murray, could you be the one to send out a link using your preferred platform?

Hi Annette, thanks for letting us know your time preference. Can I check, would Saturday morning also be possible for you? Another person has specified that as their top option. If not, I am thinking we could alternate between Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
I could make some Saturday mornings. I suggest you go with your first preference - Saturday or Tuesday - and there will be enough of us to make it work. Like Zaneta, I juggle.

Murray

Registered
Our first group call will be Tuesday 4 April at 6:00-7:00pm AEST. It will be an opportunity to get to know each other and discuss options for the group moving forward. I invite attendees to also consider this question and see if anything arises to share:

"Considering life and work right now, what excites or energises me?"

Forum members and other GTDers are welcome to join from other parts of the world if this time is suitable:

Brisbane 6:00pm
Auckland 8:00pm
Los Angeles 1:00am (Monday)
Amsterdam 10:00am
Mumbai 1:30pm

(Please confirm these time zone conversions for yourself if joining from outside Eastern Australia)

The platform and meeting link will be posted in this thread later.

If you have any suggestions or requests specifically about organising the meeting or if you would like to be kept updated, please PM me here and we can connect by email.

Looking forward to meeting some folks in a couple of weeks!

Murray

Last edited:

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Our first group call will be Tuesday 4 April at 6:00-7:00pm AEST. It will be an opportunity to get to know each other and discuss options for the group moving forward. I invite attendees to also consider this question and see if anything arises to share:

Forum members and other GTDers are welcome to join from other parts of the world if this time is suitable:

(Please confirm these time zone conversions for yourself if joining from outside Eastern Australia)

If you have any suggestions or requests specifically about organising the meeting or if you would like to be kept updated, please PM me here and we can connect by email.

Murray
Please keep posting details for future meetups! I won't make it this time, but maybe I'll be able to chime in and eavesdrop some time in the future!

Murray
Thank you Murray. I think this is an excellent place to start. I will send the calendar invitation to my GTD friends who may not be on GTD Connect. See you soon.

Great to "see" you on this thread, @Annette from Australia. Time flies is a cliche, but I'll say it anyway. I can't believe it's 4–5 years since I got to meet you in person in Amsterdam.
Thank you, John. Good to "see' you too. What a big time that was for me, personally - 2019! Not to mention what followed for the whole planet in 2020. We have all been very consumed with change.

Murray

Registered
There were 5 of us online together for a successful and enjoyable first meeting. Thanks @Annette from Australia, @mksilk2, @schmeggahead and @Zaneta for attending. After introductions and a bit of a chat, we discussed some ideas for topics or activities that we would find useful to explore together.

We are planning to meet approximately fortnightly for a few meetings, to build some momentum. After that we will consider whether monthly will be suitable for an ongoing schedule.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 11 April 6:00-7:00pm AEST on MS Teams. The topic is My GTD System: Show and Tell.

Last edited:

Murray

Registered
Finally a GTD meetup in Australia. I would love to be a part of this group.

Have sent you an email @Murray . Thank you to everybody behind this idea. :)
Hi @ArunM I love to hear your enthusiasm... I share it!

I have replied to your email and also forwarded you the meeting invite.