GTD iPhone Setup Guide

David Parker

GTD Connect
I can't remember being more excited than the idea of a GTD setup guide for the iPhone.

There's been talk (and an interview with David) about the possibility of a "meta-app" for GTD, a sort of "toolbox" that would allow you to integrate a number of separate tools into a GTD approach (as no one tool has ever got provided a "complete" GTD system).

I'm sort of hoping that the iPhone setup guide will be something along the same lines - taking all the standard apps provided with the iPhone (iPhone 5 I'm hoping as I have my shiny new white iPhone 5 waiting to be told what to do) and showing us how to get the best GTD approach out of it.

All this when my GTD Connect anniversary (that is, membership renewal) is about to come up. I've forgotten - how long has GTD Connect been going? Should we have some sort of celebration!

I'm looking forward to another year of GTD Connect and the GTD iPhone guide will be the icing on the cake.

Dave:D

TesTeq

Registered
10th anniversary!

drparker48;105347 said:
All this when my GTD Connect anniversary (that is, membership renewal) is about to come up. I've forgotten - how long has GTD Connect been going? Should we have some sort of celebration!

After reading your post I checked my GTD Forums join date and it is 2003-10-04. I will celebrate my 10th GTD Forums anniversary in October! What a lasting relationship!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
drparker48;105347 said:
I'm sort of hoping that the iPhone setup guide will be something along the same lines - taking all the standard apps provided with the iPhone (iPhone 5 I'm hoping as I have my shiny new white iPhone 5 waiting to be told what to do) and showing us how to get the best GTD approach out of it.

Hi Dave,

How fun that you're excited! It's in final production now and on track to release this month. It focuses solely on the built-in iPhone applications (Calendar, Email, Reminders, Notes). No 3rd party apps are discussed at all, on purpose. I wanted to show people how to use what Apple provides, which works quite well for GTD.

Kelly

TesTeq

Registered
I'm excited too. No 3rd-party-app, recommended setup is all I need!

kelstarrising;105362 said:
It focuses solely on the built-in iPhone applications (Calendar, Email, Reminders, Notes). No 3rd party apps are discussed at all, in purpose. I wanted to show people how to use what Apple provides, which works quite well for GTD.

I'm excited too. No 3rd-party-app, recommended setup is all I need!