• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD -New Product Idea

I wrote this on another post, but thought it might get buried...

I think David has room for a new product. I think a video training format where a person is "followed" as he implements GTD concepts would be excellent. It would include voice overs for the "thinking" that the subject would do as he/she processed things on the front end, decided Next Actions, and worked by context. It would include pause points for instruction in each of the five stages, and then a clip showing that in action in "real life." This kind of a training tool could "walk" a person through the GTD concepts as laid out in the book, in a visual way. You could develop it further and break it up into a series of lessons dealing with do/delegate/defer or meeting processing or project planning, all built on the foundation of the five-step process.

I know such a tool would have helped me a lot in the beginning. My guess is that it would be particularly useful to introduce the concepts in a High School or College situation, or for small group training. I would personally use such a tool for refreshment and motivation on a regular basis. Unfortunately, this kind of product is usually sold at "corporate" prices. Anyone else think this would have been helpful?

Regards,
Gordon
 
Sounds like a good idea, especially for auditory and visual types who learn faster from experiences heard and seen than from words on a page. Many of us are so word-oriented that sometimes we forget there are other ways to acquire information. Talk it up!
 
Fumsup Here

Great idea. I took from you post that you would have
  • a tape/CD for "classic" GTD implementation, in the corporate mode, and
  • a "student" version geared for those in HS or university (with a nice young geeky star, in a school and dorm/home setting, I presume).

Might I also suggest:
  • one that combines the classic GTD implementation with an Outlook add-on tutorial, and
  • a "home" version that includes household management and home-based business activity.

All of these tapes/CDs could be bundled with GTD FAST and/or a copy of the book. The version that includes the Outlook add-in tutorial could include the add-on itself, plus the FAST CDs/book. The student version could include a DA-approved P-Touch and a batch of the labels most frequently used in GTD work. (DA should be getting royalties from Brother at this point anyway; how about a special GTD P-Touch like the 3600/9600, which use the Avery file folder labels as well as the regular tapes, but with battery capability?) The home version could include a window cling that proclaims "I Got It Done TODAY!"

Just kidding on that last one. Seriously, great idea!
 
Top