• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD Notebok for iwork pages

How can I make a notebook with files for next actions, review, maybe/someday,
call, watting for? I have the idea to input my "real" notebook into a document which I can view online. I thought of looking for a notebook template with tabs. Word doc
has one. Mac pages does not :( Then, I thought there might be something even better that might sync with IPhone too.
 
thehippynuts;87206 said:
How can I make a notebook with files for next actions, review, maybe/someday,
call, watting for? I have the idea to input my "real" notebook into a document which I can view online. I thought of looking for a notebook template with tabs. Word doc
has one. Mac pages does not :( Then, I thought there might be something even better that might sync with IPhone too.

Before I chose a GTD app, I used my email as my list manager. ( Mac, MobileMe, iPhone ).
You can achieve something similar to tabs by having a folder represent the document and each message like tabs, then you can drill down into each message. For a small format like iPhone, I think this is quite practical.

I had a folder for each list: Collector, Someday-Maybe, Tickler, NA Home, NA Office, Reference, etc. I liked it a lot and only switched out because I wanted multiple views of NAs versus Projects.

Now I use those email folders for pure lists, such as Tickler, Someday-Maybe;
plus my GTD app for Projects/NAs;
plus Excel plus Dropbox plus QuickOffice for 2D information in grids, but anything more complex than a list is hard to manage on a smartphone-sized screen.
 
Top