Can I get some tips of previous installation of GTD on Teams
Jeff

Deirdre

Registered
I plan to implement GTD on Microsoft Teams
Has anyone done it?
Jeff

We use Teams quite a bit at work. I only use it for connections and check my calendar for meetings. It looks like it's integrating quite a bit in the future. What specifically are you looking to integrate?

Tobias Mueller-Zielke

Certified GTD Trainer & Coach
Dear Jeff,

I use Teams regularly. In my personal workflow, it's just another inbox I need to consider. So whenever there's something coming up there, that I want to take care of or track, I either put it in my normal system directly (Outlook), or I forward the Teams thread to myself via the corresponding functionality in MS Teams for later processing in my email inbox.

Best regards

Tobias

Kenny C

Registered
We are using Teams extensively in my business. We use it as the central hub for collaboration around key elements of our business, such as Sales Team, Account Strategies, Operations, Market Strategies, etc. Inside a team, we create channels for specific areas of focus. Within each channel, we add a "tab" for Microsoft Planner which enables us to create and assigning tasks specific to that channel. What's nice about Planner for tasks is that their tasks show up in Microsoft ToDo, which I use for GTD task management. This provides a seamless system to create, assign and follow-up on tasks that are generated from within the Microsoft Teams collaboration hub.

JeffPinkham

Registered
We are using Teams extensively in my business. We use it as the central hub for collaboration around key elements of our business, such as Sales Team, Account Strategies, Operations, Market Strategies, etc. Inside a team, we create channels for specific areas of focus. Within each channel, we add a "tab" for Microsoft Planner which enables us to create and assigning tasks specific to that channel. What's nice about Planner for tasks is that their tasks show up in Microsoft ToDo, which I use for GTD task management. This provides a seamless system to create, assign and follow-up on tasks that are generated from within the Microsoft Teams collaboration hub.
Thanks Kenny this is very helpful, very much what I was looking for
:)

Tobias Mueller-Zielke

Certified GTD Trainer & Coach
In case you want to have a synchronisation of planner tasks back to outlook, please let me know.
I'd have to copy it from somewhere, but I wrote it down in detail before. It basically uses MS Flow to create a new outlook task anytime somebody assigns a planner task to you.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I plan to implement GTD on Microsoft Teams
Has anyone done it?
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

As a company, we're in the process of switching to the Microsoft 365 environment, including Teams for meetings, chat, etc. While I wouldn't consider Teams a GTD list manager, I think it will be a useful portal to where I keep my lists. As Kenny C pointed out, it will be part of a seamless system.

Best,
John

Petur Einarsson

GTD Connect
I have not used Teams myself but my clients tell me that new tasks pop-up in their Outlook (and therefore MS To-Do?) which have been assigned by their colleagues. That sounds very dangerous isn´t?

Sgephenjp

Registered
Microsoft is encouraging customers and Partners to use Microsoft Teams to replace almost all internal emails as within Teams the communication is automatically categorised in the relevant team and and its channels.

I think it would benefit everyone if more investigations worth done on developing GTD best practices for Microsoft Teams platform.

OF user

Registered
I'm not a big fan of MS software except for the old standards like Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. You could probably rig teams as a GTD platform but even in the MS space there are apps far better suited for GTD. I limit teams as a collection tool. It is another site I collect into my inbox or process directly from. ToDo and Outlook are better list managers, One Note is a better project support/reference tool and can be used as a list manager as well. Then, outside of the MS space, there is some excellent software. I see no reason to mess with Teams unless you are just a fan or you want a GTD hack project to fool with. Either way, good luck.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
John . . . . aren't y'all the last Company on earth using Lotus Notes? ;)
Wayne, you're right -- we're either the last or darn close. That's probably partly due to the fact that we were one of the first as well. David got his company onto Notes in the mid 90s. I wasn't working here then, but I did get a job at Actioneer, the first company David worked with to develop GTD software. (That was pre-GTD, but the methodology was the same.) Actioneer was a Notes shop, so I got immersed in the client and server sides. By the time I came to work for David I was a Notes nerd. Lately I've been enjoying learning about the Microsoft tools. I still have to say that Notes never "got" GTD, and I don't think Microsoft does either.