• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD Outlook Add-in version 3.0 - July 8, 2009

New to all of this.

I like Outlook 2007 but I am a complete beginner at GTD. Is this add on quite popular and effective?

Thank you.

SB
 
It is a trusted system for me

sbolton;68157 said:
I like Outlook 2007 but I am a complete beginner at GTD. Is this add on quite popular and effective?

Thank you.

SB

I use it along w/mindmanager.
Not sure how popular it is but I consider it very effective. My tasks and calender items are mostly derived from email, so it's a great fit for me. YOu have to have a bit of tolerance for Outlook crashes however. It seems get better with each new release. I am looking fwd to the latest release...think I read it will cost 10 bucks for upgrade..Ill be breaking out the plastic for the upgrade.
 
Should be out soon...

I was part of the beta testers for version 3.0. It is worth the upgrade, in my opinion. It integrates well with Outlook 2007, with the add in as a part of the main message tool bar. Also, they have a new feature called "project central" that allows you to better manage projects from the add-in. The project search also seems to work faster.

The new add-in NEVER crashed on me. Ever.

In short, the add-in is the key to my trusted system.

Mark
 
Great

Alchemist;68309 said:
The new add-in NEVER crashed on me. Ever.

Mark

Thats great to hear. "Seems" when it would crash on me it was "always" when the heat was on at work.

Side Note: Someone asked me at work what those "extra" buttons were on my outlook ap. I had some silly response about a methodology that needed to be understood before I could explain. --Blank stare followed--. Seems I am a GTD follower (at least trying) not an evangelist......
 
Outlook 2007 worth the upgrade?

I too am anxiously waiting for the Add-In Update. I am particularly interested in the project management improvements.

I have not yet upgraded to Outlook 2007. Does anyone find it a major upgrade over 2003?
 
Yes, but...

Alchemist;68309 said:
I was part of the beta testers for version 3.0. It is worth the upgrade, in my opinion. It integrates well with Outlook 2007, with the add in as a part of the main message tool bar. Also, they have a new feature called "project central" that allows you to better manage projects from the add-in. The project search also seems to work faster.

The new add-in NEVER crashed on me. Ever.

In short, the add-in is the key to my trusted system.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Most importantly, was your beta release installed over existing GTD Add-In or a full version, new install? Curious, what OS did you run the beta on XP or Vista? And lastly, is your system a 32 or 64bit?

Thanks, just curious...
 
Top