• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD Outlook Add-in??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Do any of you use the GTD Outlook Add-in software? I have been dabbling with GTD for a while now, though I've not really implemented it. And I bought the stand-alone version of Outlook a while back (to allow me to share calendars with a contractor I work with), but I've not installed it. Is the add-in worth the cost? The demo sure looks like they have it all worked out, and I can't afford to spend the time to learn Outlook and integrate GTD. I guess my question is, how well does the add-in work?
 
I have been using the add-in for almost two years. I got it initially because I didn't have time to learn how to set up outlook.

After only a slight amount of learning, you should be up and running.

I think the add-in is a great tool and recommend it especially if your world is very email intensive and you use outlook already.
 
Beware of Outlook 2003

I been using the add-in (.64 version) for months with Outlook XP and it works fine.

A co-worker got it for his system and has been plagued with problems because issues with Outlook 2003.

Netcentrics are not very responsive. They have a thriving community of people dedicated to using the software and making it better but Netcentrics is very non-communicative.

So my advice is use it with Outlook XP but don't expect much growth from the product as it appears these people are behaving the same way the Actioneer developers have.
 
Top