• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD Paradox ??

kewms said:
I wasn't just being difficult, honest!
:)

Personally I don't think a 100 actionable items a week is that much. There are roughly 100 waking hours in a week and remember that next actions are supposed to be easily doable. Many of my next actions can take 15 minutes or less. Some up to a half hour. Very few more than an hour. At 1/2 hour per for 100 next actions thats 50 hours. Divide that between home and work and it's certainly doable, as it takes up about half your waking hours.

But maybe thats just me. I certainly know people who get overwhelmed with less... I also know people who handle a lot more than I've been able to deal with in the past. 100's a day... most of which get delegated. But remember with delegation there is still ownership and responsibility...
 
Top