• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD-Q Tool

samuel.d.kang

Registered
Morning DAC,

I'm a big fan of the GTD-Q Assessment tool and utilize it regularly. I noticed there are two versions:
1. GTD-Q Assessment under GTD Connect which is flash supported and not iOS compatible
2. GTD-Q Assessment under gettingthingsdone.com which is iOS compatible but doesn't have the custom Recommendations nor previous results saved

I had a few questions I was hoping to get answer to.
1. I receive notifications that flash will no longer be supported Dec 2020. Will a non-flash version of the GTD Connect GTD-Q Assessment be created?
2. Or will it be replaced by the gettingthingsdone.com version?
3. If replaced, any chance the following features be implemented: history of previous results and the recommendations based on recent scores? :)

Not a major thing. I just really really like the assessment :P

All the best,
Sam
 
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for being a fan of the GTD-Q.

The version in GTD Connect was built years ago, as you can tell by the fact that it uses Flash. The version on our public site was built more recently, as a plugin for WordPress, the platform the site runs on.

We are looking into building a non-Flash version for GTD Connect by December, that would still have the features you mention in #3. We wouldn't replace it with the one on the public site because GTD Connect is not on WordPress. There's a surprising amount of coding complexity under the surface, but I'm hopeful that we can create a non-Flash version that keeps all the features.

Best,
John
 
Top