• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD with NEO or Opera

Can you use the Add-in with NEO (Nelson Email Organizer) or the Opera browser? Are there benefits of having both and what are they? I receive over 100 plus emails daily and store them for reference. Just looking for a way to speed up my search capabilities.

I love the Add-in but since I use the folders for reference I need another tool too...or I think?
 
You could use it with NEO. All NEO does is index the message store within your Outlook pst file. All of the message handling is still done by Outlook and the Outlook add-in would not interfer with any of the functionality of NEO.

I don't believe it would work with Opera, which has nothing to do with Outlook.

Pam
 
NEO and the add-in (important)

Always make sure you start outlook before you start NEO , or the add in doesn't load. Neo has the option to start outlook when you start it up, but it doesn't work with the add in that way.

Paul
 
Actually, the option is to start NEO when Outlook starts.

Pam
 
oops! you are correct Pam :oops:

But anyway --Start outlook before NEO and everything works fine.

Paul
 
Top