GTD Workflow Map in dark mode!

Logan

Registered
@John Forrister
Purchased the GTD Workflow Map package some years ago. I think it‘s time to publish something supporting a darker computer desktop environment. Currently, I have the GTD Workflow Map as background on my work laptop. Everything is in black, a few icons here and there and then there is the shining bright GTD Workflow Map in the center. Also, I‘d like to have an arrangement that is more in width than in height. Would prefer almost a square shape that leaves some space to the left and the right for 3 rows of program icons.

Something like that would be great. It would remind me about some moves and structures of GTD in my fast paced work life.

TesTeq

Registered
@Logan You can try to make a negative of the bitmap. In MacOS Preview you can invoke Tools > Adjust Color (sorry for screenshots in Polish):

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-24 o 22.08.57.png

And then exchange the position of the white and black arrows/markers of the light balance diagram.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-24 o 22.10.14.png

Logan

Registered
Actually, I did something like that, but with poor results. Maybe I try again with a more professional tool. Still, more width would make it more readable and make better use of available space.

Plus: I think it’s a business idea that they could sell for a few bucks. Come on @John Forrister :)

Last edited:

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Actually, I did something like that, but with poor results. Maybe I try again with a more professional tool. Still, more width would make it more readable and make better use of available space.

Plus: I think it’s a bus idea that they could sell for a few bucks. Come on @John Forrister :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will bring it to our team. Are you speaking of the full version of the map that is in A3 size?

If we decide to redesign the map, I will certainly post about it here.

Logan

Registered
Yes, I was referring to the full version. Just got the digital version. I think you didn‘t send it overseas at that time.

The upper half should remain together. Left and right vertical bars are not so important. I would rearrange 3-fold nature of work, horizons of focus and review differently to achieve a square like shape.

Even a more simple way could be possible using the „mastering workflow - processing & organizing“ with some more info around could be a basis for a background image. At least its readability is much better.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Yes, I was referring to the full version. Just got the digital version. I think you didn‘t send it overseas at that time.

The upper half should remain together. Left and right vertical bars are not so important. I would rearrange 3-fold nature of work, horizons of focus and review differently to achieve a square like shape.

Even a more simple way could be possible using the „mastering workflow - processing & organizing“ with some more info around could be a basis for a background image. At least its readability is much better.
Thanks for the additional information.