• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Guidelines for Computer Filing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Santira
  • Start date Start date
S

Santira

Guest
I would like to know if David or someone has some specific guidelines for how they organize the files on the computer. I have nearly mastered the physical file world, with typewritten labels, standing project file holders, tickler file, alpha archive, and regular purging. I am finding it a little difficult to apply the same principals to computer files since it is generally necessary to create several sub-categories, etc. I can usually find things via search tools, but I would rather not have the sloppiness of differing versions of the same document floating around, or inconsistent file label conventions, etc. In other words, I would like to bring the same beauty of the physical folders to the digital ones in a way that is simple but usable. Any thoughts?
 
Top