• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Hack: Extending life of a manila folder

I use Dymo plastic label tape to label my paper reference files. I encounter situations where I need to physically remove the label from the tab. Doing so creates a "fuzzy" surface that prevents the plastic label tape from sticking well. To fix this, put a piece of Scotch tape over the "fuzzy" surface, then affix your label to the tape. I've had good results with this practice so far, and it's made it possible to extend the life of my manila folders, too.
 
Great tip, ellobogrande! Scotch tape has so many great uses. I've also done this with boxes I use to store things in cupboards.
 
Top