• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Handwrite folder labels then have assistant type labels for

Just getting started with GTD. I'm thinking about handwriting folder labels, filing the folder, and then having an assistant type labels into Excel for all handwritten files and label the files using a regular printer and sheet feed labels. This way I can file quickly and have a complete file list.

Your opinion appreciated.

Paul Hayes
 
Handwrite folder labels then have assistant type labels for

I have used the system you're describing, however, I short-cut it further. Clip papers together that are going in a given folder, put a sticky note on the bundle with the file folder's name, and throw it in your admin's inbox.

My admin then gets the folder, applies the appropriate label, and files. This works well with a large amount of new folders and also allows you to "file" from anywhere, as long as you have the content, paper clips, and sticky notes.

Good luck!
 
Top