• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Help with Lotus Notes To Dos?

Hi Everyone,

I am using Lotus Notes to manage my lists (The To Do) section. Well, recently I tried sorting by due date. When I wanted to switch back to Category view, it would not work. The Category tab to the side which used to work does nothing now. I have searched the help feature, all the menus, rebooted, etc but nothing is working. There must be something simple here I am missing---but it is getting very hard to work off my lists without have the categories! It is just one big jumbled mess.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I have been using Lotus for several months now without a problem, but now I am stumped.

-confused in new england
 
Try going back to the Category screen and click the date header. It should go back to a normal category grouping. I've run into this a number of times - it reveals one of the more ridiculous characteristics of Lotus Notes.

If my suggestion does not work, try clicking the date header in other views - one of them is toggled to the wrong setting.

I hope that helps...
 
Thank you! That worked perfectly. I knew it was going to be something as simple as that...I just couldn't figure out what!:)
 
Top