Hiring 1st employee - best communication: Outlook??

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I am taking a big step soon in hiring my first employee/an assistant very soon.

I invest in Real Estate, and use Outlook, the GTD plug-in and have XP Home on both laptops we will be using (should get PRO?).
I also use an ACT (customized) online database (where I store deal info).

Beginner questions, since I never had to share info with someone on a day-to-day basis. Maybe some of you veterans can assist me with some pointers to a good start.

=> Just wondering: for example, if I have outlook (an office crack, btw... would it be any more advantageous to BUY the official version?) with all my personal & biz contacts.
HOW CAN I SHARE THAT WITH ASSISTANT without sharing my personal stuff as well? For example: I am out in the field, meanwhile we both put new contacts in our outlooks (it will be two DIFFERENT Outlooks, right?). I come back to the office, now, each day SYNC just the contacts?
And also fileshare her PC with me in the office, I guess, so I can see what she sent out/did.
How could I see her emails/what she did from away? (Leave the mails on yahoo account for a while b4 deleting, I would think).
Also: the deal specific stuff could be all stored on the ACT online database, so that's easy.

Also: how do you communicate/assign tasks? Email/assign a (outlook) task list, I would imagine?
And use yahoo IM for quick conversations.

DO YOU HAVE A RECOMMENDATION FOR A GOOD SITE/BOOK THAT DEALS WITH THAT KIND OF THING?

Any little pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Falk