• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Hiring 1st employee - best communication: Outlook??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hi,

I am taking a big step soon in hiring my first employee/an assistant very soon.

I invest in Real Estate, and use Outlook, the GTD plug-in and have XP Home on both laptops we will be using (should get PRO?).
I also use an ACT (customized) online database (where I store deal info).

Beginner questions, since I never had to share info with someone on a day-to-day basis. Maybe some of you veterans can assist me with some pointers to a good start.

=> Just wondering: for example, if I have outlook (an office crack, btw... would it be any more advantageous to BUY the official version?) with all my personal & biz contacts.
HOW CAN I SHARE THAT WITH ASSISTANT without sharing my personal stuff as well? For example: I am out in the field, meanwhile we both put new contacts in our outlooks (it will be two DIFFERENT Outlooks, right?). I come back to the office, now, each day SYNC just the contacts?
And also fileshare her PC with me in the office, I guess, so I can see what she sent out/did.
How could I see her emails/what she did from away? (Leave the mails on yahoo account for a while b4 deleting, I would think).
Also: the deal specific stuff could be all stored on the ACT online database, so that's easy.

Also: how do you communicate/assign tasks? Email/assign a (outlook) task list, I would imagine?
And use yahoo IM for quick conversations.

DO YOU HAVE A RECOMMENDATION FOR A GOOD SITE/BOOK THAT DEALS WITH THAT KIND OF THING?

Any little pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Falk
 
Top