how do I implement a Next Actions list in Omnifocus

propynyl

Registered
Any omnifocus users out there, I'm trying to set it up so ALL of my next actions can be viewed in one list entitled "Next Actions." I want this to include my Personal and School Project's next actions.

I know I can do it through "Perspectives" but I want it to be a list so I can sync it with my iPhone.

I am new to GTD, and have been kinda frustrated, but I'm committed to making this system work for me.

kewms

Registered
Omnifocus is basically an outliner. Go to the top level folder in either Context or Planning mode, and expand everything under it. The View command lets you add or subtract various filters. There's a very useful reference card on the Omni site, at http://www.omnigroup.com/images/applications/omnifocus/omnifocus-map.pdf

(Sorry for the vague description. I tried Omnifocus briefly, but no longer have a copy. But I know that getting a complete view was easy.)

Katherine

ext555

Registered
propynyl;60844 said:
Any omnifocus users out there, I'm trying to set it up so ALL of my next actions can be viewed in one list entitled "Next Actions."

I know I can do it through "Perspectives" but I want it to be a list so I can sync it with my iPhone.

I'm not sure I understand your question , when you say " sync to iPhone " are you referring to the omnifocus iPhone app? You can't choose what syncs to it , it will send the whole database of active tasks . Perspectives don't limit what you sync to iPhone their just simply " glasses " that you view your data through . the iPhone app is pre-fab in what views you can have of your data..
Make all the perspectives you want in OmniFocus , it won't affect the sync to iPhone . The iphone app will show you 6 lists ; your inbox , your projects ; items by context ; items marked " due soon " , items marked " overdue " , and items that are " flagged " .