• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How do you keep track of your Calendar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aroma
  • Start date Start date
I use Outlook sync'd with my Blackberry.

All appointments, home and work, go on my single calendar. Since I'm using BES, with wireless synchronization, if I input on Outlook, it immediately shows up on my Blackberry...and vice-versa.

I also occasionally input my wife's appointments (if I need to be aware of her being gone somewhere, for example), and just enter it on my calendar but set it to "Show time as FREE".

Works for me.
 
Also self-employed and having a home office.

I prefer to use Outlook (just upgraded to 2007). The PIM part is just rock-solid and it helps to reduce the number of places where I have "stuff".

I mainly have birthdays and such on the calendar. I try to stay away from hard dated items unless they really, really are hard dated. Certain repetitive tasks also go on the calendar as All Day events (note: that is because I have an Outlook Live subscription which turns a premium Hotmail account into a sort of webdav/IMAP system -- my email, notes, tasks and calendar are available locally and via Hotmail yet certain recurrence patterns for tasks are not supported in Hotmail).

Micah said:
I've recently switched to the PlannerPad [...]

Wow, that looks good. I should start thinking about a new toy :)
 
Top