• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How do you monitor projects that you do not own the outcome of?

I use OneNote for tracking projects and have 2 Notebooks. One is My Projects and the other is Team Projects. In the Team projects I make notes during 1:1s about current status and add any status reports into those folders. If there is a specific item/milestone in a project that I am waiting for an update I create an item on my Waiting For list and when it is due, move it to my agenda for the person if I am not aware that it has been achieved.
 
I am struggling keeping my projects list relevant to me. As a manager, there are some projects that I directly own the outcome of and I manage directly. However, there are a lot of projects that I am involved with that are someone else's responsibility, but I still want to monitor and keep tabs on. What's the best way to manage these projects? Maybe a seperate section of the projects list?
@blynchus

Appropriate Engagement . . . in this case, Detachment ?

Thank you very much

As you see GTD fit. . . .
 
Last edited:
Top