How do you use Google Calendar?

Nickolay

Registered
Take part in creating a new product for Google Calendar

We are launching an assistant which is designed to help you to services using Google Calendar. For example, a hairdressing appointment or a visit to the dentist.
This product will also help to fill up your free time in the evenings and on weekends according to your own interests and preferences.
We would be grateful if you could spare a few minutes to take our survey about your use of Google Calendar.
We will ask which events you mark into your Google Calendar and how you check it.
This information will never be published or shared with third parties.

Link to Google Form document(we made a short URL to check how many people have done a survey from this post) - http://bit.ly/2Xr0BAG

AFG

Registered
Survey is broken.

E.g. it asks "Do you mark in your calendar any appointments such as the dentist, a car wash, or a visit to the hairdressers/barbers, psychologist, etc?"

but the only answers are "No..."

There is no way to answer "Yes, I put such appointments in my calendar".

Nickolay

Registered
Survey is broken.

E.g. it asks "Do you mark in your calendar any appointments such as the dentist, a car wash, or a visit to the hairdressers/barbers, psychologist, etc?"

but the only answers are "No..."

There is no way to answer "Yes, I put such appointments in my calendar".
Ohh, I'm so sorry! You right. I added.

Rostane

Registered
Hey guys,
Talking about Google form, our startup just launched our latest app - Zenforms, it's fixing some of the Google form issues like this one by adding the entries into a better-organized database.
Hope it helps, let us know what you think!
https://zenkit.com/en/forms/

Murray

Registered
I didn't understand the question about "booking services" so I left it blank.

Also the question about how do you usually enter events into your calendar needs to have a third option: "equally use both web and mobile version". The survey forced me to enter an incorrect answer by having to choose between only two.

mcogilvie

Registered
What did you replace it with? How do you handle meeting invitations?

Thanks
The whole meeting invitation protocol (which I am not particularly fond of) comes to us because of Microsoft, not Google. Google is actually kind of a lowest common denominator when it comes to their “free” software.

Blanka Dibtr

GTD Connect
I would love to take a more involved part in developing a product - having experience in product development in other fields - if this would be useful for anyone.
As for my greatest challenge with Google calendar is that I have work on google and private on apple - when I have a private appointment in my apple calendar, I have to duplicate it in Google calendar so that it is blocked at work time. Is there any better way to do so?

mcogilvie

Registered
I would love to take a more involved part in developing a product - having experience in product development in other fields - if this would be useful for anyone.
As for my greatest challenge with Google calendar is that I have work on google and private on apple - when I have a private appointment in my apple calendar, I have to duplicate it in Google calendar so that it is blocked at work time. Is there any better way to do so?
I do something like this all the time just for work. I get invited to a meeting, or subscribe to a calendar, and I don’t “own” the entries, and can’t edit them. So I make a second entry at the same time that stores Zoom info, agendas, et cetera. Kind of stupid but functional. Using different colors helps.