How GTD relates to everything"

Add poll end of post Of challenge (want users advice on To what degree should I try to quantify my

• or Other leave opinion comment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Important thread about multiple ideas.

That basically have certain thoughts of things like GTD - is supposed to be used in addition to a balanced lifestyle which is.
1) exercising, 2)doing spiritual practices such as practicing deep breathing (also know as pranayama) which has effect on the physical spiritual charkas in body - when this type of practice is done I personally feel like it gives me a sense of satisfaction above everything else. 3) eating food - a biological process.

These three things affect your health.
I had the thought myself that I should try share a link to type of organization which has a website - because maybe it could help other persons - therefore worth while, couldn't hurt to try to get this fourm post as much attention as possible [https://www.aetherius.org/overview/] .

A point which came to mind - is it is entirely down to each person to do "time management" schedule there day (which sort of links to GTD in my opinion because part of it is doing stuff like using calendars, reviewing stuff .

Everything to do with GTD - is to do with using tools/devices really, equipment
And your ability to do work (focus/concentrate) is entirely impacted by lifestyle "and part of the reason for myself Tim making this post - is I feel like by writing about this topic of lifestyle/time management there is "no definite one way or right answer on this spectrum of choice" but actually it is something which is on a scale.
Image result for green to red scale

(*image in >2mins searched green to red scale in to browser, first set result, saw this*)

tags : poverty ,eating disorder , anorexia
bipolar

About time management

"
ITM 2" second text idea to share literally everyone which relates too:
Would it have negative effects right now - focus all free time on GTD actions? entirely completely - until that's done
"e.g. make a new thread myself Tim explaining about my symptoms with ADD ADHD - document myself reading over my threads
words like I feel overwhelmed with commitments all time

and also share persons details such as The Aetherius Society - LA on GTD?
have words in my head for example: if mark doesn't respond to this within 24 hours for example - why should I continue to do practices written recommended by The Aetherius Society - LA?
why not use wake up app and - does those type practices instead"

--------------
question of poll reads:
Add poll end of post

Of challenge (want users advice on
To what degree should I try to quantify my exercise to that is high amount to try increase my health.

Or voice in head says “myself Tim should have a period where try to focus on doing as least exercise I can get by with (where at same time feel like can work on GTD basically) - are there any persons on the internet reading this I wonder - users on forum maybe have anything say against this.

-----------

-the same concept could be applied to practices such as pranayama, mantras and prayer.
-then with diet also - try eat as less food as possible (where you can get by on, using type habits such as eating time restricted later in day, late as possible to allow body produce as much HGH human growth hormone.

-2 about topic cited seen GTD shown have positive effect on mental health neurology when properly implemented.

-3) about topic whether GTD applies to certain human/physical conditions with disorders (people for example have certain problems with work/finance because of a disability, there career occupation choices are limited - this is something which feel personally allen doesn’t (in his book text) doesn’t go so deep on
And to as himself tim - spend lot time on the forums.
“A voice in my head said - well why doesn’t allen make something that addresses type population/audience (which is not main audience of book (typical people who are int educate high/middle class.

Then thought of saying something literal how in past - I tried to end my life and tag @René Lie to save the day'

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
Hi, @TimBourne

This is not a response to your post. I was not able to send you a message, so I decided to post this here, so you will see it.

I believe you were wondering the other day what is included in a Weekly Review. I found a webinar that walks people through the basic Weekly Review process. It is taught by Meg Edwards, who is a Senior GTD Coach and President of GTD Focus, the Coaching part of GTD, so she knows what she's doing. There are periods of silence when everyone is doing the work assigned. If you understand even a little bit what to do, I think it would be good to give it a try. I hope this will help you get a better idea that answers the question, "What is a Weekly Review?" Here is the link on YouTube:

Cheers!
Emily Polifax

cfoley

Registered
I think you are asking some deep and important questions about how GTD relates to the rest of your life.

For me, GTD as a set of habits and practices that allow me to be more effective. I don't think of it as a set of tools. The tools are there to support the habits and as long as I enjoy using them, it does not matter what form they take. The habits are the foundation.

GTD is not separate from other areas of my life, particularly not those relating to wellness. I also don't consider GTD to be an additional obligation. Below, I will try to give some examples relating to some of the areas you cover above.

Exercise

The exercise classes I attend go on my calendar, mostly as events that repeat every week. Most weeks there is no additional information or processing, so you can see how my GTD system is supporting my lifestyle in this regard with almost no "GTD" effort on my part.

From time-to time I may have to buy sports equipment, so I would create a project for that. Even less frequently, I may have a project like setting up a new exercise habit or healing an injury. I hope that you can see that even though the actions (like shopping or attending a physio) might take time, the GTD processing can be minimal.

Another way GTD supports my exercise is through the Someday/Maybe list. I don't have to do everything I think of right now. Some things percolate for years on the someday/maybe list. One example is getting into cycling. Another is finding a yoga class. Each time I review the list, I make a conscious decision about leaving them there or activating the projects. It means I can make decisions that I feel good about. Without this habit, I think I would feel guilt about not doing these things.

Spirituality

For me, mindfulness is an important spiritual practice. Exercise is something where mindfulness comes naturally to me, so for that reason, I think of exercise as my keystone spiritual practice. Everything that GTD does to support my exercise is also supporting my spiritual practice.

Another way that GTD helps me to be mindful is the confidence and psychological safety of knowing that all of my commitments and obligations are tracked in a trusted system. I won't forget anything and even unpleasant stressful things can often be compartmentalised this way. This allows me to fully focus on, and to be mindful of the task at hand. If an unrelated idea comes to mind, I can capture it and let it go. This sounds analogous to meditation. I'm not saying that GTD is meditation per se, but that the parallels are striking.

Eating Food

For me, there are the mechanics of making sure I have the right food available. GTD helps with the planning and execution of that. It means that I don't have to run to the shop every day. In my case, I pass a supermarket each Saturday. I just need to be organised enough to know what food to buy so that I don't have to go again until the following week.

Emotion Scale

I find that when I focus on trying to be happy, I tend to seek things that pacify me like comfort, unhealthy food and TV. These feel OK for a short time in the moment but after a while they become monotonous and unsatisfying. Instead, when I focus on the things that are important to me like my health, relationships with others, learning and my work, I feel a deep satisfaction and often joy.

Writing down what my higher horizons are and reviewing them periodically helps to keep me engaged with the things that matter. It doesn't take a long time to do but taking that small amount of time equips me to make decisions that hugely impact my sense of wellbeing.

It is worth noting here that I am not pushing for working constantly or taking part in hustle culture. Rest is important but there is a difference between resting in front of the TV and pacifying oneself in front of the TV.

Focussing all time on GTD actions

Are you asking whether it would be detrimental to spend all of you time working from you action lists?

Yes, I think it could be detrimental. GTD recognises 3 kinds of work:

Predefined work (i.e. action lists)
Work as it shows up
Defining your work

Focussing solely on one of these could be detrimental to the other two. For me, one important example of work as it shows up is taking a break when I need one.

Requiring Input form Others

We can't control other people or their actions, but the waiting-for list lets us keep track of things we would like them to do. When someone else does not deliver, my responses can be things like:
  • keep waiting without taking another action yet.
  • send them a gentle reminder
  • renegotiate with them, for example by telling them I need the information or I won't be able to complete their project
  • renegotiate with myself and find another way to do the project
  • give up on waiting for this particular item and accept that it will never arrive.
An important consideration is often whether the project is important to me or important to them. The waiting for list makes sure that I don't let either category fall through the cracks, and supports me in taking well-balanced, timely follow-up actions.

I also find it important to remember that just because I asked someone to do something, that does not oblige them to do it. I also have to recognise that GTD has trained me to write my obligations down so I don't forget them. Most people do not do this so when they say they will do something for me, it is often a good intention rather than a promise. I find that being cognisant of these two facts helps me empathise and helps me to be gentler in my follow-ups.

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
2)doing spiritual practices such as practicing deep breathing (also know as pranayama) which has effect on the physical spiritual charkas in body - when this type of practice is done I personally feel like it gives me a sense of satisfaction above everything else.

@TimBourne. It is lovely to hear about the great satisfaction you feel in doing this practice. It sounds like a practice that could greatly enrich your life.

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
I vote that there are very likely cumulative unhealthy effects when doing as little exercise as you can get by with, but it would depend on how often you do this and how much exercise you are getting this way.

Hi, @TimBourne

This is not a response to your post. I was not able to send you a message, so I decided to post this here, so you will see it.

I believe you were wondering the other day what is included in a Weekly Review. I found a webinar that walks people through the basic Weekly Review process. It is taught by Meg Edwards, who is a Senior GTD Coach and President of GTD Focus, the Coaching part of GTD, so she knows what she's doing. There are periods of silence when everyone is doing the work assigned. If you understand even a little bit what to do, I think it would be good to give it a try. I hope this will help you get a better idea that answers the question, "What is a Weekly Review?" Here is the link on YouTube:

Cheers!
Emily Polifax
ITM
"
words were I need to complete "my mind sweep actions first" because of what I wrote in other thread persons GTd stundet replied to" STN

I think you are asking some deep and important questions about how GTD relates to the rest of your life.

For me, GTD as a set of habits and practices that allow me to be more effective. I don't think of it as a set of tools. The tools are there to support the habits and as long as I enjoy using them, it does not matter what form they take. The habits are the foundation.

GTD is not separate from other areas of my life, particularly not those relating to wellness. I also don't consider GTD to be an additional obligation. Below, I will try to give some examples relating to some of the areas you cover above.

Exercise

The exercise classes I attend go on my calendar, mostly as events that repeat every week. Most weeks there is no additional information or processing, so you can see how my GTD system is supporting my lifestyle in this regard with almost no "GTD" effort on my part.

From time-to time I may have to buy sports equipment, so I would create a project for that. Even less frequently, I may have a project like setting up a new exercise habit or healing an injury. I hope that you can see that even though the actions (like shopping or attending a physio) might take time, the GTD processing can be minimal.

Another way GTD supports my exercise is through the Someday/Maybe list. I don't have to do everything I think of right now. Some things percolate for years on the someday/maybe list. One example is getting into cycling. Another is finding a yoga class. Each time I review the list, I make a conscious decision about leaving them there or activating the projects. It means I can make decisions that I feel good about. Without this habit, I think I would feel guilt about not doing these things.

Spirituality

For me, mindfulness is an important spiritual practice. Exercise is something where mindfulness comes naturally to me, so for that reason, I think of exercise as my keystone spiritual practice. Everything that GTD does to support my exercise is also supporting my spiritual practice.

Another way that GTD helps me to be mindful is the confidence and psychological safety of knowing that all of my commitments and obligations are tracked in a trusted system. I won't forget anything and even unpleasant stressful things can often be compartmentalised this way. This allows me to fully focus on, and to be mindful of the task at hand. If an unrelated idea comes to mind, I can capture it and let it go. This sounds analogous to meditation. I'm not saying that GTD is meditation per se, but that the parallels are striking.

Eating Food

For me, there are the mechanics of making sure I have the right food available. GTD helps with the planning and execution of that. It means that I don't have to run to the shop every day. In my case, I pass a supermarket each Saturday. I just need to be organised enough to know what food to buy so that I don't have to go again until the following week.

Emotion Scale

I find that when I focus on trying to be happy, I tend to seek things that pacify me like comfort, unhealthy food and TV. These feel OK for a short time in the moment but after a while they become monotonous and unsatisfying. Instead, when I focus on the things that are important to me like my health, relationships with others, learning and my work, I feel a deep satisfaction and often joy.

Writing down what my higher horizons are and reviewing them periodically helps to keep me engaged with the things that matter. It doesn't take a long time to do but taking that small amount of time equips me to make decisions that hugely impact my sense of wellbeing.

It is worth noting here that I am not pushing for working constantly or taking part in hustle culture. Rest is important but there is a difference between resting in front of the TV and pacifying oneself in front of the TV.

Focussing all time on GTD actions

Are you asking whether it would be detrimental to spend all of you time working from you action lists?

Yes, I think it could be detrimental. GTD recognises 3 kinds of work:

Predefined work (i.e. action lists)
Work as it shows up
Defining your work

Focussing solely on one of these could be detrimental to the other two. For me, one important example of work as it shows up is taking a break when I need one.

Requiring Input form Others

We can't control other people or their actions, but the waiting-for list lets us keep track of things we would like them to do. When someone else does not deliver, my responses can be things like:
  • keep waiting without taking another action yet.
  • send them a gentle reminder
  • renegotiate with them, for example by telling them I need the information or I won't be able to complete their project
  • renegotiate with myself and find another way to do the project
  • give up on waiting for this particular item and accept that it will never arrive.
An important consideration is often whether the project is important to me or important to them. The waiting for list makes sure that I don't let either category fall through the cracks, and supports me in taking well-balanced, timely follow-up actions.

I also find it important to remember that just because I asked someone to do something, that does not oblige them to do it. I also have to recognise that GTD has trained me to write my obligations down so I don't forget them. Most people do not do this so when they say they will do something for me, it is often a good intention rather than a promise. I find that being cognisant of these two facts helps me empathise and helps me to be gentler in my follow-ups.

ITM I just scanned over your message here

feeling like I don't have time to read it properly

yea I agree with concepts writing about here

I don't add exercise to digital calendar - I just exercise. haven't...

I tried to do type practices spiritual in intervals throughout the day.

I - not sure should write about food?

"
Emotion Scale
" I never watch TV nowdays - because of the propaganda on mainstream ...
I eat a diet - which is a diet from a DR on healing bowel disease (after I got my bowel disease) and tried changing my diet according to it (and my liquid diarrhoea stopped ) after (I got the Vaxxination in arm @ 16years - had liquid diarrhoea everyday)
"
STN