• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How to extend GTD from getting the right stuff done to value-driven working

Bert Kruisdijk

Registered
The challenge – from “doing the right stuff” to “value creation.”
For me, GTD is, for a large part, a beneficial concept where I evolved my career on. I cannot predict where I would be in my career if I had not discovered the first GTD book from David, many years ago.

When I started my professional life, it was all about doing as much as I could, being productive, and delivering (agreed and beyond agreed) results. While my career evolved, it shifted from “doing” towards “goal-directed doing” towards “making an impact.” In recent years, I am moving more consciously into the area of “creating value.”

I have adjusted/ expanded the GTD system, especially horizons of focus, to my needs. I am now capable to support my "way of working" based on value principles with an "enabling and trusted system", still based on the fundaments of the ideas/ concept of David.

I have written a blog about GTD and value creation, which you can find here: Value-driven working with GTD fundament

I hope it adds value to your thinking!
 
Top