Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at:
https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/
For the big messy projects, I sometimes find it useful to keep a log. Do at least one thing on the project every day. Some days I might do much more than that, but at least one small thing every day.
For the big messy projects, I sometimes find it useful to keep a log. Do at least one thing on the project every day. Some days I might do much more than that, but at least one small thing every day.
This method works! I've got a separate Moleskine Weekly Planner for logging my fitness related activities. So I must exercise, swim, run or at least walk to have something to wirte for a given day. Very motivating for me because I hate to write "No activity. I was lazy."
> draw up half page outline spec for software idea [for a programming project]
The Page Count way of doing drafting/brainstorming tasks didn't work well for me, maybe my perfectionism. Now I use a time criteria, which does work - from this week's list: