How to sync Outlook to my Clie

A

Anonymous

Hello to all!
After trying unsuccesfully to get an answer from Sony, reading the documentation, and getting no satisfactory answer from iambic.com (Agendus Pro), I am still unable to sync my Outlook data (Including my Tasks and categories) to my new Clie TH55 handheld. I tried searching this forum, and either find tons of responses which don't really answer my question, or I get no records found under the criteria I feed in the search.
Does anyone out there know how to do this? I am starting with Outlook already configured according to DA's Outlook Add-in for the categories, using the categories he suggests.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

davidr521

Registered
Hotsync...?

JoeG,

1. Make sure you have HotSync Manager running. It sits in your system tray and looks like a blue circle and red circle, both with arrows pointing at each other. If not, DO NOT PROCEED. You need HotSync Manager.
2. If you already have that running, the normal Palm OS conduits should do the trick. If not, try PocketMirror from Chapura. I've been using it for 5 years...best software on the planet. Check <http://www.chapura.com/pm_professional.php>

Best of luck,

davidr521[/img]

davidr521

Registered
Hotsync...?

JoeG,

1. Make sure you have HotSync Manager running. It sits in your system tray and looks like a blue circle and red circle, both with arrows pointing at each other. If not, DO NOT PROCEED. You need HotSync Manager.
2. If you already have that running, the normal Palm OS conduits should do the trick. If not, try PocketMirror from Chapura. I've been using it for 5 years...best software on the planet. Check <http://www.chapura.com/pm_professional.php>

Best of luck,

davidr521[/img]

C

Cikub

The CD that came with your Clie should have Intellisync on it. It's not as good as Chapura's PocketMirror, but it should do the job. Have you tried installing it?

C

A

Anonymous

Syncing outlook to Clie; thanks

Many thanks for your responses.

Right before getting out of the house today, I got a call back from Sony (nice touch) asking if I was still having problem syncronizing with Outlook. They had me go through thy settings in Intellisync (which were correct), then do a soft reset and try again; what do you know? there it went and all my data in Outlook went in just fine.

The teck told me that if issue persists, reinstall the software from the CD and make sure to enable 'Outlook' to be used when HotSyncing. I don't remember having done that, but will verify that when get back home tonight. At least it's working now. Thanks so much to those who responded.

A

Anonymous

Sony Sync with Outlook

Sony has (or had - maybe it's been solved) a problem with Outlook 2003. I discovered a program called Beyond Contacts from DataViz and love the way it works.

M

mochant

Check out KeySuite from Chapura too.

Like Beyond Contacts, KeySuite is an Outlook workalike for the Palm OS. Having used both extensively, I opted for KeySuite for two reasons.

1. Hi-res+ support on my Clie UX50
2. Better linking of contacts to events and tasks

Both offer excellent synchronization with Outlook.

davidr521

Registered
Buyer beware...

:shock: What I don't like about those programs, though, is that they don't use the Palm's native databases. They require their own.

Something nice to be said about applications that play nice in the environment they were intended for...

My $0.02.

davidr521

M

mochant

Re: Buyer beware...

davidr521 said:
:shock: What I don't like about those programs, though, is that they don't use the Palm's native databases. They require their own.

Something nice to be said about applications that play nice in the environment they were intended for...

My $0.02.

davidr521
David:

In principle, I agree. However these companies are innovating around limitations in the Palm OS architecture (category limits, extra info fields, etc.) If you have a lower-end device with limited RAM where this is really an issue, you have to make compromises and do the best you can with DateBk5 or Agendus or some other PIM that uses the built-in dB files.

If you're a committed Outlook user and want the most fully sync'ed experience, KeySuite and Beyond Contacts are a great way to go.

A

Anonymous

Using KeySuite trial version

This is 'JoeG', the originator of this post (forgot my login). Thanks for your informative comments. Like I mentioned before, the issue with Intellisync was resolved, but not to my satisfaction. I do Real Estate and I need to use more than the 15 categories offered by Palm OS. I downloaded the trial version of KeySuite and this is working really well for me. I can use unlimited categories and so far, every thing syncs just fine. Like a previous user said, you cannot use the database you have in your built-in applications, but luckly, I didn't have any data in it yet. I noticed that 'Beyond Contact' did not give unlimited categories, so I'm buying the registered version of KeySuite. I'm still looking for a good softw to track my listings on my Clie, but that's another story.
Thanks