How to use @Waiting For in sales

Borisoff

Registered
Sales assumes waiting. I had a salesman in my team that was running 4-5 customer meetings a day. He had thousands of contacts in his address book. He treated «active» sales straitforward. Active means to do something: prepare proposals, meet, call. He even waited actively. As many salesmen he made a lot of follow up calls to his customers. At any point in time he was either calling or meeting. It was strange but with all that super-activity he had pure results - he was signing a few small contracts… I would say no results.
I thought about that a lot. How is that? He’s so hard-working and there’re no results? Just recently I got what was wrong. To understand the reason you should understand the difference between big and small sales.
Small sales have low contract costs, short decision cycle, short and frequient meetings. Ideally, you should call the customer every day. With all this going on the meetings could be unprepared and informationally unsaturated on the seller side. After all, when to think if you have meetings all day long.
Big sales are opposite. Big contract costs, long decision cycles, a lot of influencers, meetings are more informationally saturated and long but … they require less frequent contacts with the customer.
So, what to do to break away from small sales into the big ones? I've recently made a post in LinkedIn on the topic.