• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Ideas for how people handle people contents...

Just wanted to get some ideas for how people handle "people" contexts. I currently put people-related stuff under either "@Agendas" (I need to talk to them) or "Waiting For" (They owe me) or "Commitments" (I promised them something - more of a red flag for me).

How fine do people break out their "@Agendas" stuff? I just kind of look at the list to see if there's anything I can do now, since I can contact a given person a number of ways (e-mail, call, see them if they're at the office).

I've seen lists like
@Agendas
@Calls - Work Hours
@Calls - Personal Hours
@Calls - Evening

etc.
 
Someone I work with regularly gets their own context. Things I need to contact clients about go in an @Client context.

My system allows multiple contexts per NA, though. If I need to email a client to followup on some information I need, the item might be @Email, @Client, and also @Waiting For.

What contexts put the information in front of you when you're in a position to act on it?

Katherine
 
I have "Call during work hours" and "Call during evenings/weekends" lists, and if I'm going to meet with someone, I'll often build a list of things that I want to discuss (or physical items to bring or take away). I have a permanent list for visits to my parents, where it seems there's always something I want to bring or take back home.
 
Top