• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Ideas please on best phone to replace my Blackberry Curve

I presently have Blackberry Curve which has served me well for about three yearsbut is now almost worn out. I have used it with Next Action. I need a new one but can't/don/t want to afford a very expensive phone. One possibility is the BB Q5 but I hate the look of it.

What other phones and list manage would people recommend? Here is my list of requirement:

Vital:
Not too expensive
Simple straightforward list manager (no link between action and project required)
Quick entry of actions. Currently with BB Curve and Next action entry is very quick with very few steps for typing and saving..
Sync to Outlook on a laptop NOT over the internet. I will be working on a construction site without mobile or wifi internet. It has to be sync via cable, bluetooth or similar.
Good internet seach when on mobile internet.

Would like
Good camera - the BB Curve camara was pretty poor.
Physical keyboard. I have got used to this with the BB and really like it. But it seems that the market is not catering for my needs. If not a physical keyboard then I need a screen keyboard that is easy to use. I also have a Hawei android and typing on it is so fiddly its ridiculous but I notice it is a lot better on an iPhone.

Thanks to all who can give thier opinions.
 
A Palm Centro! That was the phone I had before the BB and I still miss it. I was actually looking at the Q10 last night and it has an updated version of Next Action for it. That would probably work I agree. The price seems to have dropped if you buy it online so you may well be right. I've just enjoyed previously having a cheap phone that I could very replace easily if I ever lost it.
 
Top