If the project that has only 'Waiting for', should I move project Someday/maybe or Tickler file?

assdfd513213

Registered
David allen said if there is no next action in project , project should go to someday/maybe or tickler file.
Should I move project that has only 'Waiting for' to someday/maybe or tickler file too?

Gardener

Registered
I think it depends.

If, say, my next action is to dig a garden bed, and I learn that the ground is shatteringly dry, the next action will likely change to watering the bed with a soaker hose for a few hours, and then "waiting for" about two days for the water to really settle in.

On the other hand, if we're in a drought and I decide that it's not justifiable for me to use that water, then I may be "waiting for" rain, which could take months.

I'd keep the first project active, and move the second to Someday/Maybe. And in the second case, I'd want some way to track a variety of actions that depend on, "When rainy season starts."

mcogilvie

Registered
To add just a little to Gardener’s excellent answer: if you are waiting for someone to do something you expect them to do, then no- the project is active.

TesTeq

Registered
To add just a little to Gardener’s excellent answer: if you are waiting for someone to do something you expect them to do, then no- the project is active.
@mcogilvie @assdfd513213 I avoid using the @WaitingFor list by defining a Next Action that I will execute when I don't get what I'm expecting.
For example: if I order the "GTD for Elders" paper book from Amazon I don't put "Delivery of the GTD4E book from Amazon" on my @WaitingFor list. I put "Send a complaint to Amazon that the GTD4E book was not delivered" on my @Email list instead.
Don't call the GTD Police, please!

mcogilvie

Registered
@mcogilvie @assdfd513213 I avoid using the @WaitingFor list by defining a Next Action that I will execute when I don't get what I'm expecting.
For example: if I order the "GTD for Elders" paper book from Amazon I don't put "Delivery of the GTD4E book from Amazon" on my @WaitingFor list. I put "Send a complaint to Amazon that the GTD4E book was not delivered" on my @Email list instead.
Don't call the GTD Police, please!
No GTD Policja, thank goodness.

Funny you should mention Amazon. I ordered some books and toys for our little granddaughter, but the picture showed they were delivered to a house which was not even in our neighborhood. After promised re-delivery dates were missed, I cancelled the order. They were delivered the next day, and Amazon apparently doesn’t want them back. First time Amazon has blown it so badly for us. Maybe I should try your approach.

cfoley

Registered
For me, it depends if I want to see it in my weekly review. If I move it to my tickler then I won't review it next Friday.