Inserting due dates to calendar is really helped?

John445

Registered
I use Google which provides for having multiple calendars. My wife, myself, and child (child calendar for divorced parents) each have their own calendar. Each calendar can be switched to view on or off, so you I can see all three, or any combination of the three. This really takes away clutter.

John

gtdstudente

Registered
Calendar is as close to "non-negotiable" as "non-negotiable" gets . . . thus be very respectful to very old man Calendar? Thus, Calendar is the only "List" that controls me more than I control it? New word for Calendar . . . "Cortisol" . . . ultimate earthly horizon; candle-less tombstone: "I made all deadlines . . . especially the artificial ones of my own making . . . and now I am dead."? Thank you for the life expanding/giving GTD: David Allen, Kathryn, John, GTD Team, and fellow GTDers . . . what a privilege . . . leaves me gravelling to express please, please, please God . . . many blessings to "yous"! Thank you

Last edited:

John Ismyname

Registered
A calendar appointment does not have a "due date". It is simply a finite amount of time that begins and ends at specific times on specific dates, that you have committed to allocate for a specific purpose. In GTD, a task is @ context specific. As a mater of practicality, tasks must still have start dates and due dates. After this due date has past, there are three choices;
  1. Convert the task to a calendar appointment - that is commit to it
  2. Delete the task - decide you are not going to do this afterall
  3. Defer the task by extending its due date
When I do #3, I add to the description of the task "x 2" to indicate I have "kicked the can" on this once before. When this task comes due again, I have to consider if I want to do a "x3" - as it is looking less lie "strategic deferment" and more like procrastination.